1. Is this going to lead to a full merger?
A. This has not been discussed. The discussion thus far on a full merger has hinged around how strong each current club is doing in their respective markets. A full merger would eliminate one of these established brands and that does not make sense.
2. What are some examples of how the clubs may work together?
A. One example is the winter indoor league that was started two years ago. This was a collaboration between KCSG, Toca FC, and Fusion to help with a league that better facilitated player development in the winter.
3. Will this affect my player or my team?
A. Not directly. But it could indirectly. An example of this would be the winter friendly league that was started last winter between KCSG and Toca FC. This collaboration led to new opportunities in the winter months for teams in both clubs.
4. Will there be a name change, jersey change, roster change, coaching change, etc?
A. No. The two clubs have simply agreed to work together at the leadership level for the next 10 months.
5. Will the two clubs share or exchange players?
A. This could absolutely happen. There are examples already where the two clubs have worked together to allow players to guest play when a team was in need. Coaches worked together during tryouts to help find places for kids who may not have found a good fit at the respective club they attended tryouts with.
6. While the talk was about relationship, not merger, what is the next step in this relationship, or is this it?
A. We haven’t discussed what could be next. We are committed to working together for the next 10 months in the areas that were described. As these relationships grow, the ideas for what could be next, if anything, will be introduced and discussed.
7. Will you provide updates on how things are going?
A. Absolutely. Our plan is to provide quarterly, or as needed, updates to keep our coaches, families, and players up to speed.
For any additional questions please contact your respective club director. Jeff Davis - firstname.lastname@example.org - 816-213-9253 Kevin Wardlaw - email@example.com - 913-530-0727